Sunday, April 28, 2013

Curtis' Eleventh Post


"In many ways Mount Tamalpais is part of my front yard. Over the years I’ve hiked thousands of miles on the trails that run through Mount Tamalpais State Park and the Marin Municipal Water District. The trailhead is about ten minutes from my door. I’ve walked over the top from Muir Woods and around the top from Lake Lagunitas. It is a playground for locals and a magnet for tourists. It is also a favorite location for shooting car commercials. I’ll show you why in this photo of Nikki... shot with the 35 f/2 O AI’d that was manufactured a few years before Nikki came on the scene.



I realized when putting this together than most of the photos I took from Mount Tamalpais are panoramas that simply won’t work with this format. I’ll include links a few of those for anyone who wants to check them out.


The first two photos are stitched images captured with Nikki. The last is a stitched image created with the 24 f/2.8 N.C. AI’d.

But I have another series of photos taken adjacent to Shelter Bay where a seaplane is based. I grabbed a series of images of the plane taking off, shot with Nikki. Across the water is Sausalito."









No comments:

Post a Comment