Thursday, September 13, 2012

Don's Second Post

Even though I live in the Province of Padova, I'm only a 10 minute drive from downtown Vicenza, and for that reason I consider myself a "Vicentino" rather than a "Padovano." As you probably know, Vicenza is the hometown of Andrea Palladio, the "Father of Modern Architecture," and is a jewel filled with dozens and dozens of fabulous public buildings and palaces dating from the 15th century. As a warm-up for this weekend, I decided to take Nikki to Vicenza this morning. My intention was to take photos of some of these fabulous architectural jewels, and I did in fact do so. But when I got home, I decided I didn’t really like any of the shots…so I’m posting a couple of the “non-architectural” shots I took instead. I’m sorry! :(

 


No comments:

Post a Comment